Small business manages limited resources and does not inflate the state. Typically, small businesses hire just as many employees as necessary to support ongoing operations.
This determines the high value of time - one of the most important assets for any business. Small businesses value it especially strongly because of the small number of staff. You understand what is at stake if you own a small firm. After all, your every decision to do something for the development of your business at the same time becomes a decision to abandon any other actions.
For example, you can opt out of a lunch break to personally call potential customers or hand out flyers on the street. However, when it comes to marketing a small business, you still have the opportunity to quietly eat lunch and sleep at night. The solution is very simple - use the blog as a tool to promote your project. An online magazine is an effective advertising medium that does not take a lot of your time.
- 17 blogging tips
- 1. Buy domain and hosting, use WordPress
- 2. Post blog contact information and other important information.
- 3. Integrate the blog with your brand.
- 4. Tell potential and existing customers about the blog at every opportunity
- 5. Answer customer questions in advance.
- 6. Show customers how to use your product.
- 7. Talk to consumers about current and fashion trends in your industry.
- 8. Organize thematic discussions.
- 9. Personalize your blog.
- 10. Use the blog to go beyond the usual business model.
- 11. Encourage your customers
- 12. Grow your blog with search engine requirements.
- 13. Use the blog to get email addresses of potential customers.
- 14. Expand the geographic boundaries of your business.
- 15. Use the blog to attract customers in social networks.
- 16. Get customer feedback
- 17. Create a consumer community on the blog.
Three factors in blog marketing performance
A good blog becomes an effective means of advertising a small business, if you know how to use it. In addition, it does not require a significant investment of money or time. Why should small businesses be blogging?
- First, your customers do not like direct advertising, which we have already written about. Consumers are looking for useful and informative content on the Internet. They trust companies that publish valuable information.
- Second, consumers begin the shopping process by finding answers to important questions for them. For example, before acquiring a bike, a client will probably want to know which type of bike best suits his riding style.
- Third, consumers must receive the same information several times before they trust it.
Small businesses can use blogs to share information with customers, answer consumer questions about their product, and repeatedly return to the topics at hand. Online diaries form a relationship of trust between you and your customers.
So, you have seen the benefits of blogging for small businesses and individual entrepreneurs. The following tips will help you turn your blog into an effective marketing tool. By the way, large companies can also use these recommendations for the development of their own information resources.
17 blogging tips
1. Buy domain and hosting, use WordPress
The audience trusts more blogs that have their own domain. So stop creating a diary on popular blog hosting.
Use simple CMS for a blog, for example, WordPress. Once you have entrusted the setting of a content management system to a professional, you will be able to later independently publish and edit articles and notes within a few minutes. WordPress has enough functionality so you can create a good blog based on it.
2. Post blog contact information and other important information.
Use the blog as an online representation of your business. Contact details and a short list of services provided / goods sold will increase the number of calls from readers of your online magazine.
Put the phone number in a prominent place in the blog header so that your potential customers do not waste time searching.
3. Integrate the blog with your brand.
You do not publish direct advertising of your product in the online diary, giving preference to valuable information for consumers. However, this does not mean that you need to forget about the company name, logo, corporate colors and other elements of the brand.
Persistence is one of the most effective branding tactics. Do not experiment too often with the appearance of the blog without the need.
4. Tell potential and existing customers about the blog at every opportunity
Each blog post has a unique URL. Insert one link to your articles in advertisements, emails and content published on third-party resources. This will allow consumers to learn as much as possible about your business.
5. Answer customer questions in advance.
Don't know what to write about in a blog? Create a list of questions faced by existing and potential customers of your company. For example, if you sell used cars, tell consumers about choosing a car, checking its technical condition, registration features, maintenance rules, etc.
Publish articles-answers to customer questions. In this case, consider in detail only one question in one note. Your blog will become a source of expert information for consumers, which will strengthen the market position of your business.
6. Show customers how to use your product.
Create handy instructions for using your product. Pay attention to the visual content - your customers will appreciate the schemes, infographics, photos and videos.
Educate your current and potential customers. This marketing technique confirmed its effectiveness even before the digital revolution, about which we wrote.
7. Talk to consumers about current and fashion trends in your industry.
Pay attention to the latest news and trends in the context of your business in the blog pages. For example, if you sell smartphones and tablet computers, tell customers about the latest models and promising developments from leading manufacturers. And visitors to a beauty salon or designer clothing store will surely be happy with the news of the world of high fashion.
8. Organize thematic discussions.
Discuss with your customers the properties of the goods your firm sells. Find interesting topics for customers if your business is in the service industry.
For example, a firm providing accounting and auditing services may discuss with clients tax planning or the latest changes in the procedure for submitting reports to regulatory authorities. Of course, your blog should have the necessary functionality - pay attention to the usability of the commenting form, “screw” to the CMS forum.
9. Personalize your blog.
Figuratively speaking, your business’s online journal should have a human face and voice. Pay attention to the page "About the blog" - it remains one of the most visited on any resource. Be sure to post here photos of key persons of your company, tell us about the company in a short presentation video.
A blog introduces the audience to your business. Customers will not consider your company Terra Incognita, if they are faced with an online diary.
10. Use the blog to go beyond the usual business model.
You can use a blog to make money online, even if your business is exclusively offline. The simplest example is to accept applications for the sale of your product through a special form in the blog. Ensure that you can maintain an online sales channel without compromising offline trading.
11. Encourage your customers
Regularly post notes about customers of the week. Ask your loyal customers to share their experiences using the product. Consumers will be happy if they see their photo in a note dedicated to them. Be sure to get permission from the buyer to publish photos and personal information.
12. Grow your blog with search engine requirements.
Help your audience find your blog using Yandex and Google. Write interesting and relevant materials yourself or delegate this task to professional copywriters. Use search phrases in the headings and texts of your notes.
Avoid unnatural and too frequent use of "keys" - this can harm your blog. Do not use non-unique content. Contact the experts to get advice on search marketing your project.
13. Use the blog to get email addresses of potential customers.
Encourage registration of visitors to your blog. This will allow you to create a database of email addresses of people interested in your business. What to do with these addresses? Look for recommendations in our email marketing article.
14. Expand the geographic boundaries of your business.
A blog helps you find customers who live in other cities and countries. Decide in advance how you will serve them. For example, you can send goods by mail or use online channels to transmit information.
Of course, it will be difficult for you to repair a car in Novosibirsk if your workshop is located in Smolensk. However, do not ignore customers you cannot physically serve. Help them with recommendations and advice - this will increase the credibility of your company.
15. Use the blog to attract customers in social networks.
Create thematic groups in social networks, popular among your consumers. Publish in them announcements of notes, support the discussion. This will increase the audience of your blog.
16. Get customer feedback
Post blog reviews, ratings, consumer survey results. This allows the audience to feel its importance. In addition, new customers will be able to focus on the opinions of customers when choosing a product.
17. Create a consumer community on the blog.
Post guest notes to your customers. Encourage the most active commentators, hold contests.
So, the tips above will help your business develop a blog. Creating an online magazine, you invest your time and knowledge into an effective tool for marketing business support.
Perhaps you already have blogging experience and want to give additional tips to the audience? Share your thoughts in the comments.