What can you learn about freeriting in Runet?
1. It is often confused with other methods of developing thinking.
2. The articles recite the six secrets of Mark Levy's freewriting:
- write without super efforts;
- do it quickly and continuously;
- work with a time limit;
- write as you think;
- develop a thought;
- refocus attention.
3. There is no information at once about all Levy's free-fielding tricks: the authors write in detail only about those that they tried themselves.
4. There is a magic pill for all writer fears.
5. All that is written, you can combine and supplement.
Item number 5 inspired to write an article.
- Who needs freeriting
- Freeritting tools
- What is not freeriting
- "Morning Pages"
- Automatic writing
- Mental maps
- Six thinking hats
- Freewriting Techniques
- "Fifteen" Mr. Levy
- N.V. style Gogol (1809-1852)
- Method by contradiction
- Altered state of consciousness
- Freyting from akyns
- Meditation "Ready letter"
- Change of genre
- Idea Generators
- "Five Words"
- That's all
What is freeriting?
The best definition I could find on the web. Most likely, it is written by a freewriter:“The other day I was asked freeriting what it is. I think many people know what rewriting is or copyright. But what is working freeriting. There is nothing difficult in understanding this tricky name. Ordinary work with different texts on the Internet or on the Internet - this is freeriting. The main activity of a freewriter is the free writing of texts and articles - of course, for money. How to make money on freeriting on the Internet. "
In 1934, the writer Dorothea Brand published the book How to Become a Writer, where she advises readers to write in the mornings for 30 minutes as quickly as they can.
On the technique of freewriting wrote American Peter Elbow in the book "Writing With Power" (1981).
In our country, freeriting has become known thanks to the 2011 book by Mark Levy "Freewriting. Modern technology for finding creative solutions" (it is also "Genius on order" in the statement of the publishing house MYTH).
The name "free writing" was coined by the writer Kenneth Macrory."Free Writing" means writing in small sessions of 10-15 minutes without stopping, editing, checking grammar, thinking and hurrying.
The goal of the method is to get rid of fears, makeovers, train thinking, improve writing skills and try to understand yourself.
Who needs freeriting
- Copywriters. When there is a difficult, boring or frankly stupid topic, you can not force yourself, but spend a couple of freeriting sessions and successfully complete what you started. Or tell the customer "excusez-moi".
- To journalists. Levi has a reception "Conduct an interview on paper", when you need before a fictional conversation to make a portrait of the interlocutor and a list of open questions that he will ask you.
- Marketers. A quote from Igor Borisovich Mann’s blog about “Free Writing” Levy: "This book is worth reading to the author, who left the muses, and copywriters - in search of new creative ideas."
- Bloggers. To generate traffic to the blog, you can use Mr. Levy’s reception “Benefit from the business book” and write a high-quality review.
- Writers. "School of literary skill" by Jürgen Wolf. "How to write in the 21st century?" Natalia Garber. "Writing professionally" Hillary Rettig. "The path of the artist" by Julia Cameron. Each of these books in its own way tells about freeriting as a means of overcoming the fear of a clean slate.
The main ones are a pen, a piece of paper and a timer.
But many do not write at all by hand, and all gain in the "Word". For freewriting, you can use special programs and services:
We select the session time and subject, after which a window opens with a question topic, the timer starts counting. In essence, the service uses Levy’s "Let's hint of thinking" technique and the freeriting secret No. 6 "Reorient your attention."
Just open the site and right in the browser window you start to write everything that comes to mind:
As you can see, you can not only write, but also format the text. If you click on the "flower" in the upper left corner, a menu opens where you can create a new sheet for writing, open an existing one, save what you write, insert a picture, expand it to full screen and print it.
The program is sharpened by microblogging, but you can practice in a free letter. "Spill the mind on paper," as Levi advises!
- Write or Die
When you open the program site, a window appears with a lot of settings. You can not touch anything, click on the "Try" button and in the opened text field to hold a session of freeriting. For more you have to pay $ 20.
Armen Petrosyan, a freeroring promoter in Russia, described the program as an "uncompromising text editor."
What is not freeriting
There are various creative methods for putting your own thoughts in order. They are similar to the technique of free writing, but each has a distinctive difference.
Freeriting is not ...
The technique is invented by the scriptwriter and poetess Julia Cameron and described in the book "The Way of the Artist" (1992). The point is, immediately after waking up, sit down and write three pages of freehand text. There is no exact indication of the session time, as in freeriting, and it is proposed to write only in the morning.
It is difficult to wake up and immediately sit down to write when the morning is full of other things that cannot be postponed.
The methodology is based on the unconscious activity of a writer, used by Freudians in psychiatry and mystics in spiritualism. When we are working on freeriting, we are conscious, albeit sometimes not entirely clear.
Mental maps were developed by psychologist Tony Buzan in the late 60s of the last century and reflected in the book Teach Yourself to Think. The technique of "mind maps" is based on the construction of logical connections between elements. Freewriting techniques do not put logic at the forefront.
Created mental maps, especially on a computer, are modified many times. Written in free letter remains unchanged. And that's his charm!
Any problem can be considered as faces of a cube, from six different sides:
Obviously, the time limit for writing, as in freeriting, is unacceptable here.
He was coined by advertiser Alex Osborne and described in the book "How To Think" (1942). The difference from freewriting is that several people are involved in brainstorming, they pronounce ideas, but not everyone writes down. The ultimate goal of "brainstorming" is the generation of new working ideas. A free letter does not set itself a task to achieve a result without fail, plus this is the business of a single person.
Six thinking hats
The technique was invented by the British psychologist Edward de Bono and described in the book "Six thinking hats" (1985). Here, as in Kyubing, the problem is viewed from six points of view - red, yellow, blue, green, black and white hats. Each of them is responsible for their side of the decision.
The six-hat method (a kind of brainstorming) is a thought process in a certain way, several variants of hat sequences, participants and a moderator. It is much more difficult than freeriting in terms of preparation and implementation.
The technique of free writing does not replace other methods of thinking development. Freeriting can and should be combined with them: for example, write in five minutes about a difficult situation in freeriting, then consider it in terms of kyuhingu, adopting the most sane decisions, and finally draw up an expanded mental map.6 secrets of freewriting at Levi. 6 sides of the cube in cubeing. 6 hats thinking suggested de bono. Coincidence? I do not think!
"Fifteen" Mr. Levy
To your attention all fifteen receptions from Mark Levy:
1. Idea as a product. Write about a difficult situation in five minutes and set aside what was written. Over the next five minutes, complete with details.
2. Let's pick up thinking. Take a tip - for example, "I love ...", "I love ..." or "I hate" - and run a ten-minute free-writing session on it.
3. Rethink the meaning of familiar words. Choose five professional words from your industry and write about each of them within five minutes.
4. DISTANCE FROM YOUR INTELLIGENCE. Write about the bothering problem within 10 minutes: facts, opinions, actions. It should not be a list, but a story where one fact leads to another.
5. How important it is to disconnect from thoughts. In the process of writing, do not dwell on one thought, go to another in search of the right idea.
6. Use assumptions to get out of the impasse. Think of a problem you cannot solve. Write in ten minutes about who coped with it successfully.
7. Finding a hundred ideas is easier than one. Over the course of two days, with the help of freeriting, work out and write down a hundred solutions for the annoying problem.
8. Learn to love lies. Write about an interesting observation made in the last two weeks. In the process of writing, highlight the most interesting detail and tell about it in more detail.
9. Hold a conversation on paper. Identify the topic to be explored and conduct a ten-minute conversation on paper with an imaginary advisor.
10. Spill the mind on paper. Within twenty minutes, write about how you help and how you interfere at work.
11. Writing marathon. Spend two or three hours in the morning to the idea you want to explore. Don't be distracted by anything.
12. Doubt yourself. Write in ten minutes about a situation that is overwhelming you morally and physically. Just the facts, without finding a solution.
13. Without departing from the topic. Write within ten minutes of a problem situation to an imaginary person who has encountered it. In the next ten minutes, do the same, but with a pleasant situation.
14. Take advantage of the business book. Choose from the book you like the most and least valuable ideas and write about each for 10 minutes.
15. As you think, so live. Set the timer for twenty minutes and write about everything that can improve your life. From the written, choose what you are ready to devote the next three hours of your time.
Fuuuh! It is done. Want to know more about Mark Levy's freeritting tricks? Buy a book.
N.V. style Gogol (1809-1852)
The correspondence between Nikolai Vasilievich and the playwright Vladimir Alexandrovich Sollogub reached us, where Gogol advises a comrade:
“But do you still write ... take a pretty feather, make it very good, put a sheet of paper in front of you and start this way:“ I don’t write something today. ”Write it many times in a row, and suddenly you have a good idea ! Behind her is another, the third, because otherwise no one writes, and people overwhelmed with constant inspiration are rare, Vladimir Alexandrovich. "Attention, this is the first half of the XIX century! The first free-rider was our classic. And the point.
Method by contradiction
The point is to write about what you don't want to write about. Here, sit down and write, for example, like this: "I do not want to write about air intakes and oil and gas separators, because ...".
The technique is actually described by Robert Cialdini in The Psychology of Influence.
During the Korean War, American soldiers entered prison camps in China. If the Koreans used torture and humiliation against the enemy, the Chinese acted more skillfully. They asked the prisoners to make statements like "the United States is not perfect," "There is no unemployment in the socialist countries." Then they offered to make a "list of problems of American society" with a personal signature. These lists allowed the rest of the prisoners to read.
The final stage of exposure - ask to write an essay on a previously voiced topic. The soldiers convincingly argued against them assertions, began to support them and unconsciously turned into collaborators.
If after such a freewriting the worldview changes completely, then what about the banal unwillingness to write about something!
Altered state of consciousness
In Denis Kaplunov's book, Business Copywriting, I read about the Hemingway rule: "Write drunk, edit sober." The great American writer often wrote podshofe. Denis recommends taking one of his old texts and giving it a gloss in a “fun” state. Similarly, you can hold a session of freeriting - surrounded by the music and ethanol vapor - literally "on autopilot."
And you can, as Natalia Garber advises, "play with your physiology." No, this is not what you thought! The German poet Friedrich Schiller lowered his feet in cold water while working. The French philosopher Jean-Jacques Rousseau put his head uncovered to the sun.I personally never wrote anything in the drunkard and in the drug dope, only under PVA (no).
I consider changing the state of consciousness to music. Pavel Molyanov (author of several articles on Texterra - approx. auth.) always does:
Spend a freeriting session with your favorite song!
Freyting from akyns
Akyns are poets improvisers of the Turkic peoples who sing and see what they see. This can be used in freeriting:
- you remember everything that you saw while you are driving, then you record what you see on the spot;
- look out the window and start writing about everything that is happening on the street.
Sometimes it seems to me that local news does.
The following two techniques I saw in the book by Natalia Garber "How to write in the XXI century?":
Meditation "Ready letter"
Reception is used to punch a creative stupor and easily adapts to freeriting:
"Imagine that the text has already been written, and you read it or the story takes place before your eyes, and you watch it."
“Ready letter” is similar to freeriting from akyns, but here you can think and write not only what you see, hear or feel, but also not be tied to time, place and reality.
Change of genre
Can't write a complicated technical article? Write it in the genre of "horror", persuasive, positive or informational style!
Work with the format: put the informational article on the text for the landing page, turn a short ad into a full commercial offer, make a product review from the VKontakte post.
Reception changed the lives of famous writers - the poet Charles Augustin de Saint-Bev became a literary critic, the tragedian Honore de Balzac turned into a novelist, and novice playwright Arthur Conan Doyle revealed himself to the world as the most famous author of detective stories.
In Jurgen Wolf's book "School of Literary Excellence" there is a table-generator of plots:
To start writing, select 5 digits, and they can be repeated. Let it be 3, 5, 2, 1, 8 - a digit for each column.
It turns out a drama in which a policeman arrests a soldier returning from war because he feels jealous of his wife, flirting with a soldier. He escapes from the site and hides in the old house. Police are storming the building, losing employees one by one. In the end, the former commander of the soldier arrives, blames everything on the "Vietnamese syndrome" and takes the poor fellow away from these places. What is not "Rambo: First Blood"?
The network has automatic generators that can be adapted for freeroring sessions:
- //www.artlebedev.ru/tools/matrix/ - the generator of ideas from Artemy Lebedev.
- //litgenerator.ru/story/ - automated plot generator.
- //supergenerators.ru/random_yes_no.php - the generator "yes-no" answers to the questions. Forced to think about the eternal ...
The name and method are mine. Anyone suggests five words — common nouns — I write back a story on them, where all the words go in the order they were suggested.
At first it was fun among like-minded people, then it turned into a public, “Five Stories of the Five Words” of VK, where I am engaged in freeriting.
This is very similar to Mark Levy’s “Let's Hop On Thinking” trick, but without a time limit, plus only from other people.
In SEO-copywriting, you can do unexpected, but organic combinations of keywords.
You have learned what freeriting is, what it is not, you have become familiar with freeriting techniques. Right now, postpone the case, set the timer for 10 minutes and arrange yourself a free letter session!