User engagement refers to important metrics of content marketing effectiveness. In turn, the degree of audience involvement can be measured by the amount of content that users create on the website or in brand groups on social networks.
Custom content has unique properties. It stimulates further interaction of the audience with the business, which translates into additional conversions and transactions. Motivating users to create content, you provide the conditions for successful sales. In this article, you will learn how to push users to create content on your sites.
What is custom content and why does it play an important role in content marketing?
Custom is the content created by visitors to your site or groups in social networks. These can be comments on publications, blog posts, reviews, reviews, reviews, photos, videos. With great stretch to the user content can be attributed to "likes" and sharing.The “I like” or “+1” marks can be viewed as one type of comment. Putting "like", the user does not always want to say that he liked the note. Sometimes this mark means "I have seen" or "I have read." In this sense, "like" can be considered user-generated content.
By stimulating the creation of custom content, you get the following benefits:
- User-generated content provides conditions for further interaction between the audience and the business, including sales.
- Custom content increases the trust of potential customers to the brand.
- User created content is useful from an SEO point of view. This applies to comments and blog posts as well as likes and reposts. In particular, user-generated content is a unique source of low-frequency keys.
How to stimulate the creation of custom content
People live in conditions of acute shortage of time. They don’t want to sacrifice sleep, chat with loved ones or watch their favorite series in order to comment on your posts or write notes on blogs. Therefore, marketers need to further stimulate the audience. This problem is solved in the following ways:
1. Provide conditions for creating and publishing custom content.
To create and publish content on your site, the user does not have to waste time registering, searching for the necessary tools and studying the menu. The following recommendations will help you:
- Provide the ability to log in to the site using your social network account.
- Use the sharing buttons and commenting forms of social networks.
- Install a universal commenting system on the site, for example, Disqus.
- Use the convenient and intuitive "engine" for the forum.
2. Motivate users
Think about what motivates your users to create content. The following factors may be among the motivators:
- The pursuit of self-expression.
- The desire to let off steam, to argue, to "bite" the opponent.
- The desire to be part of the community.
- The desire to get a reward: a prize for winning the competition, a discount, recognition.
- The desire to have fun, enjoy the pleasure of communication.
You will receive more custom content if you find ways to satisfy these and other motivators.
By the way, trolling is one of the ways to stimulate the audience. Use this method carefully, otherwise your site may turn into a battlefield between users.
3. Ask users to create content.
Calls to action remain the easiest and one of the most effective ways to get an audience response. If online stores urge visitors to buy, add to the cart, subscribe to a newsletter about new products, then why not blogger ask the reader to comment on the article? This can be done like this:
- Just ask users to comment on the site. Add a call to action in the name of the form for commenting. "Share your opinion", "Discuss the article on the forum", "Comment on the publication" - these are examples of successful titles of the commenting form.
- Initiate a discussion on social networks and forums. Post a link to the publication and ask users to speak.
- Ask users about social networking posts.
- Ask users questions.
- Provoke the audience.
Use clear calls to action that can be easily answered.
4. Buy custom content
Just do not rush to the content exchange, where comments are sold at 5 cents. Act ingeniously, but openly. Offer your audience discounts, bonuses, real money for good content. Here's how this problem is solved by the online store Litres:
Customers of this store can spend bonuses exclusively for the purchase of books. In fact, buying content, "Liters" does not spend its own money.
5. Use the power of visual content.
They say one picture is worth a thousand words. It turns out that a short video replaces dozens of pages of text. Photos and videos are effective tools for getting custom content. First, they stimulate response more efficiently than text. Secondly, many users will quickly take a few photos or shoot a video than write a few lines of text.
Motivate users to create and publish visual content related to your brand or product. Use the power of social networks. For example, have your audience post videos on Instagram.
6. Use the book of complaints and suggestions
Many users would like to tell you a few sweet words. Someone thinks your articles are irrelevant. Someone does not like the design of your site. Some readers are ready to teach you absolutely free of charge.
Give the audience a chance to speak. Post reviews and complaints without pre-moderation. In the end, you can remove obscene words later.
Turn your audience into a top content marketing assistant.
Greet any custom content if it is within reasonable limits. Stimulate, motivate, provoke and bribe your audience to receive comments, reviews, reviews, and even reposts and likes. Let potential clients have the opportunity to express themselves, communicate, swear, advertise their business and complain. These actions will help you increase audience engagement and drive sales.
And how do you stimulate the creation of custom content?